Visiting Kings Cross
Travelers to Kings Cross give high marks for the abundant cafés, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. Culturally-rich and walkable, this city will delight tourists with its entertainment choices, art, and sporting events. Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Bondi Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodations in Kings Cross
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 8.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kings Cross
A couple of favorite places to visit are El Alamein Fountain and Fitzroy Gardens. Additionally, in the area you'll find Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Kings Cross. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Larmont Sydney by Lancemore - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and central location.
- Holiday Inn Potts Point Sydney - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to public transit at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a 24-hour fitness center, a bar, and a 24-hour business center.
- Quest Potts Point - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a rooftop terrace and parking, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Bondi Beach, located 3.3 mi (5.4 from the city center, and Sydney Showground, which is 9.1 mi (14.6 away.
Getting Around Kings Cross
Head to Kings Cross Station to catch metro. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Kings Cross
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 60°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kings Cross is 46.77 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 47°F