"Garden of the Stars" - Studio
Your comfortable studio is a hidden gem in a sanctuary of tranquility
* Moments from the famous Three Sisters
* Panoramic view of the Jamison Valley Katoomba from the rear garden, makes this property unique and sought after.
* Located on the ground floor, left wing of this
double story gracious 1950's home.
* There is no view from the bedroom, however once you open your gate to the rear garden, you have the most exquisite views with outdoor furniture to enjoy.
* Your reserved outdoor area is in the Aries Courtyard.
* Enjoy alfresco meals with spectacular views to enhance your appetite.
* Perfect as a couples retreat, or can sleep up to 3 people comfortably.
* Cosy lounge room doubles as a second bedroom,
* A low cost entry for magical escarpment views
Your spacious garden studio consists of 2 rooms a kitchenette and bathroom
* Air conditioned in summer - hydronic heating in winter
* Large main bedroom - Super king bed,
* Lounge area /or 2nd bedroom,
* Small kitchenette fitted in a wardrobe space.
* Electric frypan for simple cooking only
* Bathroom with shower.
Main bedroom -
* Large space with northerly sunlight.
* Comfortable Super King bed,
* Timber floor with persian carpet,
* Desk, table and chairs for meals.
Lounge room/2nd Bedroom
* Lounge room with comfortable sofabed.
* Smart TV - Netflix.
* Separated from main bedroom with a door, however, if your friends in the main bedroom need the toilet, they will walk through your bedroom to get to the bathroom.
* Queen sofa bed - perfect for an extra guest with a thick 6" mattress.
* Beautifully appointed hotel style accommodation * Quality white cotton bed linen and fluffy white towels.
* Small kitchenette with stainless steel sink.
* Situated off the main bedroom in a cupboard.
*Electric frypan for simple meals
*Bar fridge, sandwich toaster,
The Aries Courtyard is reserved for you. It has a glass table and chairs for alfresco meals and the perfect spot to watch the sunrise.
Please Do Not use the grey deck and pergola to your right. This is reserved for Sterling Manor guests only.
You are welcome to stroll through the magnificent terraced garden anytime. Linger in the romantic gazebo to read or meditate.
The property has 2 other holiday apartments in the building - totally separate to your accommodation. Your 2 room suite is private within a brick wall and gate.
We welcome all guests, so if you happen to meet a visitor in the gardens, which are huge, just say “Hello” as you would in any guesthouse.
The only shared area is the garden.
The expansive, breathtaking view over the Jamison Valley and Mount Solitary offers a magical and romantic space that will inspire creativity... appreciated by artists, poets, writers and composers in the past and photographers love the prolific bird life in the garden.
** Moments from 5 major bushwalks + the Famous Three Sisters at Echo Point.
** A 5 minute drive to the township of Katoomba and train station
** A 5 minute walk to the bus stop
** A 50 min bushwalk walk from Echo Point to Katoomba Cascades waterfall. A must to see!
* The moderate nightly rate is for 2 guests thereafter each additional guest is charged $50 /night. There is also a one off cleaning fee.
Check out our promotional video of the whole property ablaze with flowers on :
dalias blue mountain retreat.
Explore the magical gardens and relax with plenty of areas to sit and breathe - available to guests. If you sit a while you may see .... Sulphur crested cockatoos, Crimson Rosellas, and red and green King Parrots.
Please DO NOT feed the Cockatoos as they retaliate by destroying the woodwork.
The property is steeped in history - previously owned by the Late and famous Richard Sterling, Australian Astrologer, television icon and concert pianist, who wrote astrology columns in the Australian Woman's Weekly magazine for 25 years and had his own television show in the 1970's.
Forged out of sloping land, the terraced gardens took over 12 months to build with the help of an Italian Stone Mason.
We guarantee you will love your accommodation choice. Definitely a memorable and unique experience!
*** We suggest you watch the walk through video on YouTube - dalia’s walk through garden of the stars - in the video section, to make sure this accommodation suits you.
GOTS offers self checkin from 3pm or earlier on request. You will receive your lock box code after booking has been accepted.