Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Kataragama, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the safari tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples and parks. In Kataragama, there are 26 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Kataragama
The picturesque setting of Sacred Bo Tree and Weheragala Lake exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kataragama Archaeological Museum and Yala National Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Kataragama. Listed here are some of the places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Yala Safari Camping is located 4.7 mi from the city center. This 3-star tentalow in Kataragama features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
- Sunsung Chiththa Holiday Resort is 3.3 mi from the city's heart. This 3-star hotel in Kataragama features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Heina Nature Resort & Yala Safari is located within 3 mi of the city center. Guests who stay at this 2-star chalet in Kataragama can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Kataragama
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 74°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 75°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 72°F
- About 2.48 inches of rain falls on Kataragama each year
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 72°F