Visiting Half Moon Bay
Visitors to Half Moon Bay are sure to enjoy the waterfront, restaurants, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its cafés. Around the area, top sights include Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, Mt. Eden, and Sky Tower.
- You'll find 591 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Auckland
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.) 16.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Half Moon Bay
Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Half Moon Bay Marina is one place to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World and Mt. Eden.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Half Moon Bay Motel - With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Sky Tower, located 8 mi (12.9 from the city center, and One Tree Hill Domain, which is 6.4 mi (10.4 away.
Dressing for Half Moon Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 57°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Half Moon Bay is 45.24 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 46°F