Search Folkestone, England Hotels from AU$43
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Folkestone, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port, entertainment choices, and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. Top sights around the area include Canterbury Cathedral, Dover Museum, and Dover Castle.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in Folkestone
- The closest major airport is in Manston (MSE-Kent Intl.) 32.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Folkestone
Cultural venues in the city include Quarterhouse, The Tower Theatre, and Kent Battle of Britain Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Lower Leas Coastal Park, Folkestone Beach, and Sandgate Beach. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Folkestone Harbour is one place to visit.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Folkestone. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Relish - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- View Hotel Folkestone - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Rob Roy Guest House - Amenities at this 3-star guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Canterbury Cathedral, located 14.5 mi (23.4 from the city center, and Dover Museum, which is 6.7 mi (10.8 away.
Getting Around Folkestone
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Folkestone is simple. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Folkestone Harbour Station, Folkestone Central Station, or Folkestone West Station. Cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Dressing for Folkestone
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Folkestone each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 35°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Folkestone?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Folkestone, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Folkestone?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Folkestone?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Folkestone?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Folkestone?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Folkestone?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Folkestone?
What's the best boutique hotel in Folkestone?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Folkestone?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Folkestone?
Recent Reviews in Folkestone
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Folkestone airport?
- Where to stay near top Folkestone attractions?
- More accommodation types in Folkestone
- Which hotel chains are in Folkestone?
- What are the most popular hotels in Folkestone?
- Are there hotels near Folkestone?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends