Visiting Ferny Creek
Those traveling to Ferny Creek are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. Dandenong Ranges National Park, Puffing Billy Steam Train, and Doncaster Shopping Centre are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 41.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 48.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ferny Creek
Dandenong Ranges National Park, Puffing Billy Steam Train, and Doncaster Shopping Centre are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Chadstone Shopping Mall and Caulfield Racecourse.
As you start planning your visit to Ferny Creek, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 120 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are a few of the places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Mountain Element Retreats is located in the heart of Ferny Creek. This 4-star apartment in Ferny Creek features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Crest on Barkly is located 0.3 mi from the heart of Ferny Creek. This 4-star hotel in St Kilda features a restaurant, free parking, and a fitness center. Our customers like its dining options and beach locale.
- Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa is 19.2 mi from the center of Ferny Creek. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Yarra Glen can enjoy access to a winery and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
Dressing for Ferny Creek
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 64°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Ferny Creek gets about 0.47 inches of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 41°F