Visiting Clifton Hill
Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Clifton Hill has to offer. Around the area, top sights include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Melbourne Museum.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 11.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 18.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Clifton Hill
Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Melbourne Museum are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Melbourne Central and Queen Victoria Market.
As you start planning your visit to Clifton Hill, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 1071 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are a few of the places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Boutique Stays - Clifton Park is located 0.3 mi from the city center. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Southbank can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour business center, along with an in-room kitchenette. Our customers like its dining options and proximity to public transit.
- Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank is located within 2.8 mi of the city center. This 4.5-star hotel in Melbourne features a restaurant, a 24-hour health club, and a bar. Our customers like its convenient parking and proximity to public transit.
- Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne is 2.7 mi from the city's heart. This 4-star hotel in Melbourne features a restaurant, parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and central location.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Bourke Street Mall, located 2.4 mi (3.9 from the heart of the city, and Melbourne Zoo, which is 2.4 mi (3.9 away.
Getting Around Clifton Hill
Make your way to Clifton Hill Station for metro transit. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Clifton Hill
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 64°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Clifton Hill gets about 0.47 inches of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 41°F