Visiting Clifton Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Clifton Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Relaxing and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its gardens and local tours. Great Barrier Reef, Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, and Mount Whitfield Conservation Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in Clifton Beach
- The closest major airport is in Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.) 14.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Clifton Beach
The beaches and gardens exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Clifton Beach and Kewarra Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Clifton Village Shopping Centre to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Clifton Beach. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Argosy On The Beach - This 4-star apartment features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Agincourt Beachfront Apartments - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this apartment. This 3.5-star apartment features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Clifton Sands Holiday Apartments - With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its beach locale.
Top places to see in the area include Great Barrier Reef, located 8.2 mi (13.2 from the heart of the city, and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, which is 4.5 mi (7.2 away.
Dressing for Clifton Beach
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 67°F as the nighttime average
- About 81.65 inches of rain falls on Clifton Beach each year
- January and December are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 63°F