Families will find kid-friendly activities in Chinatown, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and Chinatown. Welcoming and vibrant, this city attracts tourists with its theaters and entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Bourke Street Mall.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Chinatown
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 11.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 18.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chinatown
Well known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include Her Majesty's Theatre, East End Theatre District, and Princess Theatre. In the area, you'll also find Melbourne Cricket Ground and St. Kilda Beach.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Chinatown. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ovolo Laneways - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Chinatown can enjoy access to a rooftop terrace and parking, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Mantra on Russell - Our customers like the dining options and clean, quiet rooms at this aparthotel. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star aparthotel in Chinatown can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with WiFi.
- About Melbourne Apartments - Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in Chinatown can enjoy access to parking and an in-room kitchen.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Bourke Street Mall, located 0.3 mi (0.4 from the city center, and Melbourne Central, which is 0.3 mi (0.5 away.
Dressing for Chinatown
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 64°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Average annual rainfall for Chinatown is 0.47 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 41°F