Visitors to Chengdu are sure to enjoy the temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, parks, and zoo.
- There are 812 hotels and other accommodations in Chengdu
- The closest major airport is in Chengdu (CTU-Shuangliu Intl.) 13.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chengdu
Cultural venues in the city include Sichuan Museum of Science and Technology, WangAnTing XiaoXiao ZhanLanGuan, and TianFu BoLan ZhongXin. The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Wénshū Temple, Wuhou Ci, and Wǔhóu Temple. The city's natural beauty is on display at Baihe Park, People's Park, and Chengdu Southern Suburb Park.
In Chengdu, you'll be able to select from 812 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Temple House - This 5-star hotel in Jinjiang features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Jinjiang can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Fraser Suites Chengdu - This 4.5-star aparthotel in Jinjiang features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and central location.
Getting Around Chengdu
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Chengdu is easy. Walk to nearby metro stations like Tianfu Square Station, Jinjiang Hotel Station, and Luomashi Station. To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Chengdu Railway Station or Chengdu South Railway Station.
Dressing for Chengdu
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 38°F at night
- About 31.54 inches of rain falls on Chengdu each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 39°F