Visiting Catherine Hill Bay
Visitors to Catherine Hill Bay are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. In Catherine Hill Bay, there are 3 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown) 43.3 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Catherine Hill Bay
Places to visit in the larger region include Munmorah State Conservation Area, Lake Macquarie, and Belmont Golf Course. Additionally, you'll find Blacksmiths Beach and Norah Head Lighthouse in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Catherine Hill Bay, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 80 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Boardies at the Bay is 0.1 mi from the center of Catherine Hill Bay. This 4.5-star hotel in Newcastle features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- By the Beach at Catho is located 0.5 mi from the heart of Catherine Hill Bay. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in New Lambton can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 8 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Catho Cottage is 0.5 mi from central Catherine Hill Bay. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Newcastle West can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Catherine Hill Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 60°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- Average annual rainfall for Catherine Hill Bay is 1.30 inches
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 47°F