Visiting Cairns Central Business District
Travelers give high marks for the coral reefs, tours, and shopping in Cairns Central Business District. This city attracts visitors with its culturally-rich and walkable ambiance. Top attractions around the area include Centenary Lakes Botanic Gardens, Mount Whitfield Conservation Park, and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
- There are 51 hotels and other accommodations in Cairns Central Business District
- Closest major airport is in Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.) 5.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cairns Central Business District
The natural setting of the seaside is picturesque with Cairns Harbour Cruises, Cairns Esplanade, and Centenary Lakes Botanic Gardens worth a visit. Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Cairns Night Markets, Cairns Central Shopping Centre, and Smithfield Shopping Centre. In Cairns Central Business District you can choose from 51 hotels and other lodging options to help you plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate.
- Jack & Newell Holiday Apartments - This 4.5-star apartment in Cairns Central Business District features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free self parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Pullman Reef Hotel Casino - With a stay at this 5-star hotel in Cairns Central Business District, you'll have access to a casino, free breakfast, and free WiFi. Our customers love its helpful staff and comfy beds.
- The Abbott Boutique Hotel - When you stay at this 4-star hotel in Cairns Central Business District, you'll have access to free WiFi and a flat-screen TV. Visitors love its helpful staff and nice bathrooms.
Outside of the city, popular places to visit include Mount Whitfield Conservation Park located 2.7 mi (4.3 from city center and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway which is 8.4 mi (13.6 away.
Dressing for Cairns Central Business District
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October–December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 67°F as the nighttime average
- About 82.24 inches of rain falls on Cairns Central Business District each year
- Hottest months are usually January and December with an average temperature of 88°F while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 63°F