Visiting Battery Point
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Battery Point, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and abundant cafés. Walkable and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its waterfront. Salamanca Market, Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, and Cascade Brewery are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 208 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hobart
- The closest major airport is in Hobart, TAS (HBA-Hobart Intl.) 15.1 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Battery Point
A couple of favorite places to visit are St. George's Anglican Church and Narryna Heritage Museum. In the area, you'll also find Salamanca Market and Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Battery Point. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Grande Vue Private Hotel - This 4.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a business center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Jenatt at Salamanca Apartments - Our customers like the surrounding nightlife at this apartment. With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a library, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Salamanca Inn - This 4.5-star apartment features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see outside the city include Cascade Brewery, located 2.2 mi (3.5 from the city center, and Mount Nelson Lookout, which is 2.4 mi (3.9 away.
Dressing for Battery Point
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 67°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- Battery Point gets about 20.63 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F