Visiting Ascot Vale
Travelers to Ascot Vale will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Flemington Racecourse are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 5.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 13.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ascot Vale
A favorite place to visit in the city is Royal Melbourne Showgrounds. Additionally, in the area you'll find Melbourne Cricket Ground and St. Kilda Beach.
As you make plans for a getaway to Ascot Vale, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 1019 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here you'll find a few of the places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank is located within 4.1 mi of the city center. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Southbank can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour business center, along with an in-room kitchenette. Our customers like its dining options and proximity to public transit.
- Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne is 4 mi from the city's heart. This 4.5-star hotel in Melbourne features a restaurant, a 24-hour health club, and a bar. Our customers like its convenient parking and proximity to public transit.
- Great Southern Hotel Melbourne is located 3.7 mi from the city center. This 4-star hotel in Melbourne features a restaurant, parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and central location.
Popular places to visit in the area include Flemington Racecourse, located 0.9 mi (1.5 from the city center, and Melbourne Zoo, which is 2.2 mi (3.6 away.
Getting Around Ascot Vale
Head over to Ascot Vale Station for metro transit. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Ascot Vale
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 77°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 57°F
- From April to June, the average is 71°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 51°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.47 inches of rain falls on Ascot Vale each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F