Visiting Antigua and Barbuda
Travelers to Antigua and Barbuda will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights in the city include Dickenson Bay Beach, Nelson's Dockyard, and Fort James.
- There are 151 hotels and other accommodations in Antigua and Barbuda
- The closest major airport is in St. John's (ANU-V.C. Bird Intl.) 20.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Plymouth (MNI-Gerald's Field) 67.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Antigua and Barbuda
The city is notable for landmarks like Nelson's Dockyard, Fort James, and Devil's Bridge. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dickenson Bay Beach and Prickly Pear Island.
In Antigua and Barbuda, you'll find 151 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Curtain Bluff Resort - All Inclusive - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- The Villas at Sunset Lane - Adults Only - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Yepton Estate Cottages - This 3-star cottage features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its location.
Dressing for Antigua and Barbuda
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 84°F and the nighttime average to be 70°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 71°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Antigua and Barbuda is 42.99 inches
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 71°F