Visiting Alexandra Headland
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Alexandra Headland, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. Relaxing and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its spas. A top sight in the area is Australia Zoo.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodations in Alexandra Headland
- The closest major airport is in Maroochydore, QLD (MCY-Sunshine Coast) 7.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE) 79.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alexandra Headland
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Alex Beach. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Mooloolaba Esplanade is a favorite for retail therapy. Surfing is a top activity, and Ripple Sunshine Coast Massage Day Spa and Beauty is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Alexandra Headland. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Aquarius Resort - This 4-star apartment features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Meridian Alex Beach Apartments - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this apartment. With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- The Mirage Alexandra Headland - With a stay at this 4.5-star vacation home, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
A popular place to see outside the city is Australia Zoo, located 14.6 mi (23.5 from the center of the city.
Dressing for Alexandra Headland
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 63°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 50°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 77°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 57°F
- About 44.49 inches of rain falls on Alexandra Headland each year
- Usually December and February are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 50°F