Visitors to Albany are sure to enjoy the shopping, spas, and university setting. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its cafés. Sky Tower, Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, and Mt. Eden are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 591 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Auckland
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.) 31.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Albany
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Westfield Albany Shopping Centre is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add North Harbour Stadium to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Albany. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ramada Suites Albany - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a café and parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Quest Albany - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this apartment. This 4.5-star apartment features free WiFi, parking, and laundry facilities.
- Albany Oak Motel - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free valet parking and a spa tub, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Sky Tower, located 9.1 mi (14.7 from the heart of the city, and Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, which is 10.5 mi (16.9 away.
Dressing for Albany
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 57°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- Albany gets about 49.25 inches of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 46°F