Book your room at Travelodge Southbank Melbourne
Budget-friendly hotel close to city center, sports arenas
Close to the action
Set within the Southbank shopping/business complex and 200 meters (656 feet) from Yarra River, this modern-style hotel is just across Princes Bridge from the city center and within walking distance of Eureka Skydeck 88. The Victorian Arts Centre, Crown Casino, and Melbourne Cricket Ground are nearby.
Internet access, breakfast
Available wireless Internet allows for easy Internet access in the lobby area, which also has two vending machines, and a large breakfast room that offers a variety of hot and cold items each morning.
Decorated in cheery colors and modern, light-wood furnishings, the 275 guestrooms include kitchenettes with microwaves, electric kettles, mini-refrigerators, coffee/tea maker and cutlery. Rooms feature 32-inch LCD TVs with digital service, premium channels and pay movies. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is also available.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
At your hotel
At your hotel
Wireless high-speed Internet access is available in the lobby for a fee. High-speed Internet access is also available in the 2 meeting rooms, which combined can accommodate up to 120 guests and include audiovisual equipment. Other business amenities include event catering, business services, and a roundtrip airport shuttle for a fee available on request.
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 275
- Number of floors - 11
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Computer station
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 90
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Conference space size (feet) - 968
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access (19.95 AUD per 24 hours surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Park your car
Offsite parking discounted rates available
In your room
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower only
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- Sofa bed
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Room service (limited hours)
- LCD TV
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Eat and drink
A daily breakfast is available (surcharge) in the well-lit breakfast room on the main floor. It includes hot and cold cereals, pastries, eggs, bacon, sausages, juices, coffee, and tea. The breakfast room also features a TV and VCR.
The Travelodge does not have its own restaurant, but there are several dining options within the surrounding area, and room service is available from nearby Sopranos bar and restaurant.
Walter's Wine Bar
Blue Train Cafe
Just a few hundred metres from the Yarra River, the Travelodge offers easy access to rowing and canoeing facilities, as well as bicycle-hire venues. A paved riverside path is popular for jogging, and the Royal Botanic Gardens, 1.5 km from the hotel, has a 3.7-km jogging/walking track known as the Tan. The nearest golf course is Albert Park (2 km). The Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre in Albert Park has basketball, volleyball, squash/racquetball, and diving facilities.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
The fine print for Travelodge Southbank Melbourne
When you arrive
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
This hotel will place a credit/debit card pre-authorization for any bookings where payment for the stay will be made on site instead of at the time of booking. For more details, please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
When you leave
Check-out time is 10 AM
How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
Only service dogs are allowed
- Breakfast fee: AUD 19.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 19.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: AUD 2 (for 20 minutes, rates may vary)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: AUD 5 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 40 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
We should mention
Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.