1. Location, location, location! 2 Blocks from the Colosseum & Forum. Walking distance to Trevi Fountain, Pantheon and many other great sites.
2. Staff were fantastic!!!! Absolutely wonderful. I'm sorry I cannot remember their names but they were wonderful!
3. Lovely breakfast in the morning.
4. Very helpful with taxis. Called for us each day we traveled further (like to the vatican and St. Peter's Basilica) & they were there within 3 minutes.
5. Allowed us to leave our luggage at the hotel 6 hours after we checked out!
I would stay here again, again and again.
6. I will say if you are claustrophobic you may want to take the stairs. The elevator fits 2 large suitcases and 2 people at best. :)
"Lovely Reprieve from the Hustle and Bustle of Rome"
initinially hard to find as we caught the metro from Temini and so a bit of a walk in the hot sun with our kids to get there. However, as soon as we entered the doors of the hotel we were met with a clean, cool, modern interior with great Roman costumes on display. The staff were very helpful and courteous. Our room was spacious, cool and overlooked the lovely garden. Breakfast was great. The hotel was so close to the Forum, Colesseum, Paletine Hill and also walking distance to Trevi Fountain and shopping streets. We ate down at the Tiber River as there was some sort of International Food Festival on so great vibe. Rome was hot and crowded so the Kolbe Hotel was a welcome little oasis. We felt very safe walking the streets around it and this was important to us as we had small children. Would love to stay here again!!
The heart of Ancient Rome, all roads led to the Forum. Visitors flock here to walk the streets where Julius Caesar once trod when this was the centre of commercial, political and judicial life. Nearby, the Colosseum, described by Lord Byron as 'the gladiators' bloody circus', is the world's most famous amphitheatre and the most impressive of all Rome's buildings and ruins.