Please enter your travel dates.
Superior Room, 1 King Bed
- 1 king
Superior Twin Room, 2 Single Beds
- Two Twin Beds
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed
- 1 king
Deluxe Twin Room, 2 Single Beds
- Two Twin Beds
Colonial charm and health spa on Chao Phraya River
Close to shopping
Opened in 1876, this 16-story, riverside hotel is within three km (two miles) of the Silom shopping district, the Patpong night market, the Wat Pho temple, and the Royal Palace.
Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok features two outdoor lap pools set in tropical gardens, plus tennis and squash courts and a health spa.
All 393 guestrooms have Thai silk fabrics, fresh fruit and flowers, CD players, bathrobes, in-room safes, complimentary 24-hour butler service, and high-speed Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
- Full-service health spa
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Health club
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Children's club (free)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Coffee shop or café
- Valet parking
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Business center
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Banquet facilities
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Audiovisual equipment
- Cell phone/mobile rental
- Secretarial services
- Business services
- Computer rental
- Total number of rooms - 393
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Express check-in
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Medical assistance available
- Beauty services
- Currency exchange
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Translation services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Tennis on site
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Technology support staff
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Pool table
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 21229
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 1973
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 12
- Pool cabanas (complimentary)
- Pool sun loungers
- Free secure covered parking
- Outdoor tennis courts 2
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Technology helpdesk
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Free secure covered parking , Valet parking
- Room Amenities
- DVD player
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- Complimentary bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- iPod docking station
- Down comforter
- Pillow menu
- LCD TV
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Riverside Terrace - Located on a terrace overlooking the river, this restaurant serves Western and Asian cuisine, as well as dinner buffets featuring a wide selection of barbecue dishes. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The Verandah - Indoor and outdoor seating is available in this casual riverside restaurant, with international and Thai a la carte dishes, cakes, and pastries. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Lord Jim's - Named after Joseph Conrad's novel, this seafood restaurant overlooking the river has a 40-foot aquarium, circular glass walls, shell-shaped lamps, and chandeliers. Open for lunch and dinner.
Le Normandie - This French restaurant offers a set menu or à la carte dishes with a backdrop of river views, walls and ceilings draped in gold Thai silks, and a crystal chandelier. Ties and jackets are required for dinner. Open for weekday lunch and nightly dinner.
Sala Rim Naam - Located across the river from the main hotel, with complimentary shuttle-boat service, this authentic Thai restaurant is housed in a traditional pavilion with teak panels and black ceiling lanterns. Thai buffet lunches and à la carte dinners are served indoors or on a patio, accompanied by classical dance and music. Open for lunch and dinner.
The Author's Lounge - Located in the historic original wing of the hotel, with whitewashed rattan furniture, hand-painted upholstery, palm trees, and a classical guitarist. Serving spa cuisine, as well as afternoon tea, freshly baked scones, homemade jams, and pastries. Open from mid-morning until late evening.
China House - This Chinese restaurant is located just outside the hotel in a restored colonial-style house with timbered walls and ceilings and works by modern Chinese artists. Specializing in Cantonese cuisine and dishes from Szechuan, Shanghai, and Chiu Chow. Open for daily dim sum and à la carte lunch, as well as à la carte dinner.
Ciao - Wood-fired pizzas, pasta dishes, salads, and ice cream are served under the stars on a marble terrace overlooking the river and surrounded by tropical plants. Open evenings from October to March.
The Bamboo Bar - Tiger-striped chairs, ceiling fans, teak shutters, and foliage create a jungle ambience in this colonial-style bar. Live jazz is played most evenings. Open from mid-morning until late night.
Located on the opposite river bank, with complimentary scheduled shuttle-boat service, the hotel's health club has two outdoor lap pools surrounded by tropical gardens, two lighted tennis courts (surcharge), two squash courts (surcharge), a jogging track, and a fitness center with cardiovascular and weight-training equipment, saunas, steam rooms, and complimentary yoga, aerobics, and meditation classes.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Aerobics on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Racquetball/squash on site
- Running track/path on site
- Swimming on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Swedish massage
- Steam room in spa
- Thai massage
- Number of treatment rooms 14
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Spa tub in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 1 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: THB 642 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): THB 642 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: THB 642 per day (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: THB 6000 per vehicle (roundtrip)
- Rollaway bed fee: THB 2100 per night
- Additional Details
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.